IBM - Tivoli
January 2010 - August 2010
Software Engineer Co-op, NetView for z/OS
Created full-featured Twitter widget following IBM's iWidget standard. Widget also
implements eventing with other widgets, allowing status updates to be populated
by other widgets. Twitter widget was demoed at IBM Pulse 2010.
Implemented NetView version of REST provider to feed information into Tivoli's Common Topology team's topology widget. Made several tweaks to topology widget's source code to produce behavior required by NetView.
Designed and implemented navigation tree widget (NetView Navigator) using Dojo.Tree that was populated by live data from NetView machines. Clicking on a node in the tree fired a widget event that could be used to update other widgets. Converted widget to an iWidget to enable deployment into TIP and Mashup Center environments.
Designed and implemented dashboard proof-of-concept that included Common Topology's topology widget, NetView Navigator, and several dojox.AnalogGauge's. Implemented eventing such that clicking on a node in topology would update the other widgets, as would clicking a node in the NetView Navigator. Proof-of-concept is being used to demonstrate eventing and CSS for creating a dashboard to other developers. Also packaged dashboard as an iWidget for deployment into TIP and Mashup Center.
IBM - WebSphere
May 2008 - August 2008
Software Engineer Co-op, WebSphere Portal
- Filed four patent applications (one published internally, three approvals pending)
- Created example sites using WebSphere Portal's Web Content Management, and documented
procedures used to help serve as tutorial and illustrated value to customers and coworkers
- Resolved five defects of varying severity levels, on backend and frontend code
IBM - Tivoli
May 2007 - December 2008
Software Engineer Co-op, ITCAM for SOA
- Designed and developed new, UI-driven application that generated
traffic through WebSphere Application Server, Data Power, Message Broker,
and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus using self-authored web services; Demoed
application to 2nd and 3rd-line managers; Application is used for testing and
in demoes to clients
- Completed Build Verification Tests on Windows 2000, AIX, and Solaris to
ensure weekly builds were stable for use in testing
- Founded a Co-op Tennis club where co-ops could meet and play tennis
North Carolina State University - CALS IT
January 2007 - May 2007
- Customer service and technical support, hardware troubleshooting,
Novell client, Windows XP/software installs, Oracle Calendar, Office 2000
applications, and printer support for the CALS Administrative staff at NCSU.
North Carolina State University - CSC Dept.
August 2006 - December 2006
CSC 116 Lab TA
- Taught introductory Java lab, where students program to reinforce concepts
learned in class
- Tutored students, graded and debugged programs.